Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Let us rejoice! Marking is complete!



I’ve had an extended leave of absence from this blog in recent months.  While many are happy about that fact, some will be joyed to see it resume. By some, I mean my mom.  Who says still says I’m special on the inside. Thanks, mom.

Kidding aside, there is a lot of catch up on.  While I’ve been blazing through these last five months, things are about to slow down substantially as I prepare to end my tenure at my current school and visit ‘Merica after a year of imported Diesel.  My football (Yes, football. Not soccer) team decided to go undefeated in divisional play and make it to the semi-finals of our Cup. One of the top four teams in all of Jakarta, I’m okay with that. Proud of them all and that will be one of the toughest things to swallow when I leave.

For the travel junkies that may read this to hear about my grand adventures, my school breaks have been pretty tame.  My spring break was a three-day excursion to Singapore (to fill up on booze, mixers and peanut butter M&Ms) only to return here and give extra classes to my graduating class. Great use of my limited time here in Asia, I know.  But alas, we have to do what’s best for the kids. My teacher friends understand what I mean, unfortunately.

However, my roommate and I were able to visit Yogyakarta a couple weeks ago.  This historical city in Indonesia is home to some of its most famous temples and absolutely ridiculous amounts of batik (If you don’t know what batik is, look it up.  It’s amazing).  We had a jam-packed two days which included shopping, temples, shopping, Dunkin Donuts and more shopping. 

I can’t wait to be back stateside, folks. Really. Busting at the seams waiting for my brother’s wedding, visiting my family and friends, drinking good beer and breathing quality air.  Just a couple weeks away now, so mark your calendars and have that diesel on ice for me.  See y’all soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment